Egypt Export Marketplace for products & services  •   Log in | Sign up  

Export Egypt Home
made in Egypt Egypt products
  Home  |  Products  |  Business Center  |  News   |  Events   |  My Account Follow us on Facebook
Products and vendors Services and providers Oil & Gas Software and publications

EGP 64.5 Bn in Investments in Poultry, Broiler Meat Production
Source: www.export-egypt.com 10/9/2018

Prime Minister Moustafa Madbouli said that the total investments in poultry and broiler meat production are estimated at 64.5 billion pounds.

This sector secures direct and indirect jobs for nearly 2.5 million persons, Madbouli said at a meeting with Agriculture Minister Ezz el Din Abu Steit.

The meeting was also attended by Deputy Agriculture Minister for Animal, Fisheries and Poultry Affairs Mona Mehrez. It aims at following up means of developing the poultry industry in Egypt.

Madbouli said Egypt managed to beef up its broiler meat and egg production from 1980 till 2017, stressing the importance of this sector in achieving food security and securing cheap and healthy sources of protein, said Cabinet Spokesman Nader Saad.

Egypt is 100% self-sufficient from table eggs. It produces nearly 13 billion commercial table eggs annually, the spokesman said.

In 2017, the number of licenses that were given to set up grandparent stock (GPS) farms increased to reach 8,334, compared to 1,362 licenses in 2016, the spokesman added.

According to FAO report, Poultry production systems in Egypt are quite diverse, ranging from rural very small-scale, extensive poultry production to highly intensive systems with over 70,000 birds per house in industrial commercial systems.

Commercial poultry farms of various sizes provide about 90 percent of chicken produced in Egypt, with the remaining 10 percent provided by the small-scale household poultry farms that are abundant in villages and cities.

The meat production or broiler sector of the poultry industry has a pyramid structure with grandparents (GPS) at the top of the pyramid, the actual meat production birds (broilers) at the bottom and the broiler breeders (PS) in between the two.

Broiler production is by far the largest element of Egypt’s poultry industry. The commercial broiler farms vary in production technology and size.



Related Categories: Accounting, Statistics  Economics/Financial Analysis  General  Insurance 


Export Egypt - Subscription Packages - Benefits

Copyright © Universal Solutions S.A.E. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. - Career Opportunities - Feedback - Contact Us